CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh, Happy Day

Carley will be 6 months on May 24th. She is getting dedicated at our baptist church on the 23rd. Our interim pastor, Dr. Paul Powell is going to do the service for us. It is going to be a very special day for us for a lot of reasons. Paul Powell married my aunt Marcia, performed my grandfather, George Truett Mason's funeral and also did my grandmother, Bessie Lou Mason's funeral two weeks after Carley was born! My g'mom took trips to Japan with Paul Powell & her church in the 80's. We feel honored & privileged that he can celebrate both deaths and births and dedicate our baby girl for us.

During my grandmother's service, Paul Powell so eloquently talked about how Maw Maw encouraged others through the passage of Philippians 4:13, which states, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me", but she would personalize it to others by substituting "you" for "I" and "you" for "me". She always had a way about her that could open the eyes of others to see from a new prospective.

This is going to be an exciting day for our wonderful families and friends to come together with us to share her with our church family. Margaret & Tommy (MiMi & Papa T), Pam & David (LaLa & PaPa), Shannon (Aunt Sha Sha), Aunt Marcia, Mr. and Mrs. Hardy, John Hardy Jr., Kate & Dave Iglesias (Aunt Kates & Uncle Dave-o) are all going to be present for Carley on the day of her dedication.

 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment